Sunday, October 30, 2011

We are officially Empty Nesters...

Yep, the last little chicky left the nest.  I'm sure he would hate the fact I just called him a chick.  :)  He will live.  But, since he doesn't read my blog, he will never know.  I thought that since his bedroom was in the basement (part of the garage), my husband would take over his room.  Last weekend, my wonderful, thoughtful and all around pretty incredible husband told me he was going to fix it up for me.  My very own craft room.  Yes, its true.  This is what it looked like last weekend when I started moving stuff in. 
Wow!  What a MESS!


So, thats the quick tour.  We found the desk a few weeks ago at a flea market.  My DH asked them how much they wanted for it and they said make an offer.  He offered $40 and we ended up getting it for $55.  I think we did really well with $55.  It has a real leather top and is a dream to rubber stamp on.  I absolutely love it.
I've put away most of the stuff you see all over the floors.  Then yesterday, my husband says lets go to Lowes.  Oh no.. not Lowes.  This is what I ended up with after the trip.



 No, silly, not the Big Shot!  The shelves.  He bought wood and stain and made me a shelf.  For WHAT you are thinking.  Well, lookie here.

 It holds all my punches except my edge punches.  I've rearranged it a dozen times and I realized the last time that if I moved all the medium punches between the feet, I could move my older style of punches to the top.  I will have to take another picture.  Isn't this a wonderful present?!  Now I can play with my punches without having to unstack a bunch to get to the one I want.  I'll take some more pictured when I get more organized, but this is soooo much better than what I was doing before.

I have spent most of the day in the craft room.  I really need a name.  It's obviously not a Man Cave, can it be a woman cave?  No, thats not right either.  Give me some ideas.  :)

This is my card for the day.  I think my little room in the basement is working pretty good for ideas.  Both this card and the thank you card I used for swaps for Louisville were made there. 

It was a good day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment