Sunday, May 29, 2011

the taste of Cincinnati

So, my husband decided we should go to Cincinnati and enjoy the Taste of Cincinnati this weekend.  Have any of you gone to an event like this?  We went to Chicago last year; Dayton has one every year and this year, was Cincinnati's turn to host the Cosca Family.  :)  We were 3/4 of the way down when I realized I didn't have my camera.  DANG IT!!  DH wouldn't turn around and get it, so NO picts for YOU!  :) 

Today, tho, I worked on some stuff, so even tho there isn't stuff from Cincinnati, I do have other things to share:
I REALLY like the Pretty Postage Stamp set and the Postage Punch.  I used the new Triple Layer Punch-Blossom Bouquet with the Pretty Postage set and Punch.  I also pulled out the Newsprint DPS for the layer.  Don't you LOVE the ribbon??!!  My wonderful upline Mary Brown has a tutorial for it here.   I am SO not a ribbon user, so she has made my life SO much easier!

This was my other project for the day:

This is me and my wonderful husband of almost 22 years.  Isn't he handsome??  I love the picture on the bottom.  My oldest daughter took that while we were walking under the pier at Cocoa Beach.  I didn't know she took the picture until much later.  I was talking, my husband was smiling and listening (he does that SO well) and we were just enjoying each others company.  This is one of the scrapbook pages from Florida that someday will be done and shared.  :) 
Almost all was done with Stampin UP! product.  I did have to use an un-named die cut machine,  because I don't have much in the way of Big Shot Alphabets.  Oh, I  WILL, but not yet.  The 12x12 main sheet was also from somewhere else, but its on my list of things to buy. 

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!  My daughter (the one who look the picture) is in the Air Force, so make sure you thank ALL weekend warriors or all who serve our WONDERFUL country!!!  Even if you don't agree with all that happens here, you have to agree that there is no better county on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment