Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CCMC 182 - Create with Connie and Mary Challenge

Edited:  Hahahahahahaha... OOPS.... I thought I was being so very smart and scheduled this to post today.. but I put 2011 instead of 2012, so I don't know if this will work or not for the challenge. but thats ok. 

I have really had a lot of fun with challenges this weekend.  After being so tired the month of December, I'm glad to see I haven't completely forgotten how to use paper, ink and other toys.  :)

This is the Sketch Challenge.  You can see everyone's creations here at Create with Connie and Mary.
This is my card.  :) 
Most of this card is stuff from the new Occasions catalog.  I really love this mini!  All kinds of fun, fun stuff!  The dark paper on the side is the new Twitterpated DSP.  I absolutely love paper.  My DH thinks I have issues, but I don't.  It's completely normal.  Really.  Hmmm.. sidetracked again...
I used the Framelets Hearts to make the heart in the center and the Heart punch for the Twitterpated heart in the center of that.  Are you wondering what the silver circle is?  Well, it's actually a brad.  Have you used the glimmer brads?  I was planning on making a bow that my upline Mary taught me how to do.  If you haven't used the glimmer brads, the pokey things (what the heck are they called??) are brittle.  They break a LOT.  I can NOT for the life of me throw them away, and when it broke today, I had an OH MY GOSH moment.  Maybe I'm slow, but I don't think anyone else has mentioned this.  I took it to the garage and hammered it flat.  Its still oooooooh sparkly and it sticks really well with a glue dot.  AND the REALLY good thing, is it will go on a card, you still get the effect of a glimmer brad, and it won't make your card non-machineable in the eyes of the USPS.  :) Life is good.  Oh, and you don't have to throw away the broken brads.  You will be seeing some more of these, I think. I may have to break a few on purpose.  :)

Paper:  Very Vanilla, RidingHood Red, Twitterpated DSP
Ink:  RidingHood Red
Other stuff:  Glimmer brad-smooshed, 1 1/4 " RidingHood Red ribbon (retired), Framlets, full heart punch, heart to heart punch

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great Valentine card! I really like how you used the new products! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new stuff your used and how your incorporated the 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon...always a favorite of mine! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great valentine card! Love the ribbon and layered hearts. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this wee

    ReplyDelete